This is a personal tribute to a man for whom I had tremendous regard and to whom I owe a great debt of gratitude. Much has already been said and written about the impact that Joseph Priestly McCarthy had on the lives of hundreds of thousands of his loyal listeners. The purpose of this page is to assemble some of those insights and observations as well as offer some of my own.
- Who was J.P. McCarthy? (in 125 words or less)
- The news release issued by WJR after J.P.’s death
- Editorial in the Detroit Free Press, 8-18-1995
- Editorial in the Detroit News 8-18-95
- Tribute by Michael Lewis
- E-mail remberances
- A collection of several people’s observations on J.P.
- My personal tribute to J.P.
- For his listeners, a quiz on Joseph Priestly McCarthy
For biography of J.P. McCarthy read J.P. McCarthy, Just Don’t Tell ‘Em Where I Am by Mike Shiels. It is usually available through Amazon.com.
I INVITE YOU TO SHARE A J.P. MEMORY OR YOUR REACTION TO THIS SITE BY SIGNING MY GUESTBOOK